Monday, December 6, 2010

Granola - How to make

Why spend so much money on granola when you can make it better and healthier then that bought in the store. It might cost just as much, but that is only because you are using better ingredients then any store bought product.
  1. Rolled oats (not the quick kind but old fashion)
  2. Almonds
  3. Molasses (optional)
  4. Honey
  5. Coconut Oil
  6. Anything else that you might like, such as:
    1. Sunflower seeds
    2. Cranberries dried
    3. Flax seeds..(Grind first to release the oils and only at the time of eating)
    4. Raisins
    5. Pumpkin seeds
For me, to keep things simple, I mix equal amounts of honey with coconut oil. I add a few table spoons of molasses with my honey.
 So here we go:
  1. 1 cup of honey/molasses mixture
  2. 1 cup of coconut oil. 
    1. Mix the 2 ingredients ( heat up the on stove. Just enough to melt the coconut oil.  
  3.  Add almonds to mixture. This should help caramelize the almonds.
  4. Now, add oat meal. How much? For this receipt I add a minimum of 2 lbs. I keep adding oatmeal until the sweetness of the mixture is to my taste.
  5. Put on cookie sheet and place in 275 oven for 20 min. The longer you bake the cruncher your granola.


No comments:

Post a Comment